[HUG ] SV: Re: AW: Re: Biogons and digital backs

  • From: Tom Just Olsen <tjols@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 17:23:52 +0200 (MEST)

Thanks, Per,

So, it is the angle of light hitting the sensor which will create problems on a
FF MF sensor.  Not the lack of any SWC resolution (which is one of the best in
the business).  Since the lense has a resolving power far greater than any
sensors of today.

I shoot with Leica M8 w/WATE (16-18-21 mm) a lot.  Possibly one of the best
digital wide angle solutions on the market.  Far better than, say, Canon 1Ds
III and 16-35 mm 2,8L II.  The Canon offers three aparture stops from the
senter to corner in light fall off.  Even compared with the Canon combo
'cropped' to about 1,33 the Leica combo comes out better with less light fall
off and sharper corners.  - Sweat drip down my back when I see files at 100% in
PS from the Canon...

Tom of Oslo