[HUG ] Re: SV: Re: AW: Re: Biogons and digital backs

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 10:15:23 -0700

On Oct 1, 2008, at 8:23 AM, Tom Just Olsen wrote:

Canon 1Ds III and 16-35 mm 2,8L II. The Canon offers three aparture stops from the senter to corner in light fall off.

This is total bologna! I have this exact system, use the 16mm at 16mm all of the time, and find basically zero fall-off.

I heard this before buying the system and subsequently found that they were smoking dope! Where do they come up with stuff?

I've been shooting a project since June (an old campus estate inside & out) and I've used the 16/2.8L at 16mm for dozens of shots and I have experienced ZERO falloff!

You can take that to the bank!

Here are a few examples:

http://www.visualimpressions.com/16/2.8L_at_16mm/

Jim