[HUG] Re: Boneheads

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,<hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 03:57:11 -0400

At 03:20 AM 8/29/2007, Stein wrote:
>Dear Harry,
>
>       You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it turn a 1/4"
>screw to fasten a camera to a tripod. Not even with a quick release
>mechanism. That's the trouble with horses - the hooves are not flexible
>enough. Now lemurs - always - use tripods and cable releases.

Ah! Uncle Dick, there you hit the nail on the rather battered head. But tripods are tripods and are horses for courses. Even my shaky and palsied paws can hold a camera steady for a shot with an 80mm lens in daylight. But, then, your mileage may vary: to me, a decent slapshot hand-held image beats some posed posturings before a trip-dancer.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!