[HUG] 2000...end of story...

  • From: "Vincent Frazzetta" <vfrazz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 09:58:57 -0400

Many thanks to folks who have responded to my "bad negatives plight".  I was
encouraged to see a few other 2000 and 200 users posted--I was certain I was
the last living 2000 user on earth, and my camera would go to the Smithsonian
upon my death.  The big three (B&H, Adorama, and KEH), and the big poop (eBay)
rarely list focal plane shutter gear.  I chose the 2000 for the faster 150mm
2.8 lens and the overall faster shutter speed.  Since I rarely use the 150
(recently CLA'd), and in light of the backs going in for CLA and the purchase
of an eBay 90 deg viewer, I am considering selling it to finance this
adventure...anyone interested might email me vfrazz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx . As for the
percieved need for faster shutter speed, I should have taken my cue from the
ex-Rolliflex, in that most of my MF photographs are taken using a tripod--so
I've never yet used the high speed (I think of the Hasselblad as my walkaround
large format).  A nod to one of the earlier posters: when someone asked why I
spent so much money on a Hasselblad camera, I said without even thinking,
"...well, it has to last for the rest of my life".  Even with my troubles, it's
a lovely piece of work.

That all said, the camera and two backs are on the way Hasselblad Service in
New Jersey.  I do believe this will be the happy ending to the bad-negatives
story.