[HUG] Re: 2000...end of story...

  • From: Bob Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 08:37:11 -0700 (PDT)

Evan,
  The battery in my 203 does not drain when left unattended. It is well
behaved...
  Bob

Evan J Dong <ejdong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Vincent,

I hope that your 2000FCM is okay as is once Hasselblad gets their hands
on it. Hopefully its just the backs only.

If that's the case, the focal plane optics for the 2000/200 series
bodies are a full stop faster then their built-in shutter counterpart.
The 50mmF2,8, 110mmF2.0, 150mmF2.8, and 250mmF4.0 are the most likely to
be used and encounter. I haven't met too many folks out there using the
350mmF4.0. Some photographers bought into the Schneider zoom: 140-280mm
macro zoom. For me, I bought based on Jim Brick's experience and
recommendation, the Fuji manufactured 60-120mm. Yes, its a heavy lens if
used hand held, but mounted onto a tripod with a good ballhead, the
images are fantastically sharp and the color rendition is good as the
Zeiss prime optics.

One good thing of the 2000 series bodies over the 200 series I noticed,
is that the battery could be left in the body and it will not have any
power drain unlike the 200 series body. Still, its better to remove the
battery in any case. Otherwise, I too, have not had any problems with my
2000FCM and it only entered Hasselblad once, when I first bought it used.

Evan

Vincent Frazzetta wrote:
> Many thanks to folks who have responded to my "bad negatives plight".
> I was encouraged to see a few other 2000 and 200 users posted--I was
> certain I was the last living 2000 user on earth, and my camera would
> go to the Smithsonian upon my death. The big three (B&H, Adorama, and
> KEH), and the big poop (eBay) rarely list focal plane shutter gear. I
> chose the 2000 for the faster 150mm 2.8 lens and the overall faster
> shutter speed. Since I rarely use the 150 (recently CLA'd), and in
> light of the backs going in for CLA and the purchase of an eBay 90 deg
> viewer, I am considering selling it to finance this adventure...anyone
> interested might email me vfrazz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> . As for the percieved need for faster
> shutter speed, I should have taken my cue from the ex-Rolliflex, in
> that most of my MF photographs are taken using a tripod--so I've never
> yet used the high speed (I think of the Hasselblad as my walkaround
> large format). A nod to one of the earlier posters: when someone
> asked why I spent so much money on a Hasselblad camera, I said without
> even thinking, "...well, it has to last for the rest of my life".
> Even with my troubles, it's a lovely piece of work.
>
> That all said, the camera and two backs are on the way Hasselblad
> Service in New Jersey. I do believe this will be the happy ending to
> the bad-negatives story.

Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA
http://www.raflexions.com