[HUG] Re: 2000 negatives problem...

  • From: Evan J Dong <ejdong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 14:18:09 -0400

Vincent,

Which 2000 body do you have? If its the later version that has the shutter retraction, check to see if your curtain is retracting. Dennis Greco at Hasselblad USA is one of just two worldwide technican currently still employed to work the 2000/200 series.
The other technican resides in Sweden.

When I last spoke with him several weeks ago regarding one of my friend's 2000FC coming into the, he mention that there are no longer new shutter curtain available and definitely no electronic circuit boards if needed. The curtains could be salvage from a dead 2000 series body that are still good. But without any replacement electronic circuitboards, the camera would not be repairable.

It might be good time to look for a spare 200 series body if you intend to stay with focal length bodies. The 201F is a good a starting point. Just be aware that there is a magnetic pickup plate that controls the shutter curtain opening and closing, that is priceless and very costly to replace if its broken. You would have a very expensive 501CM body then. I have a 201F as an extra spare body to backup my 205TCC.

Evan Dong

Vincent Frazzetta wrote:
Before I call Hasselblad service (it was CLA'd recently): there's a new problem occurring with either the 2000 body or my two well used A12 backs (one back holds self developed B&W, and the holds lab developed color). Several negatives display a 1/2" wide light-leak kind of ghost line horizontally across the middle of the negative, but not quite reaching edge to edge (horizontal, when holding the strip up and down). On either side of this ghost line, the negative is dark. Sometimes the adjacent negative is perfect. Sometimes the adjacent negative is black or deep gray. As I say, the problem has just started. I do switch backs regularly, and perhaps the back isn't snapped tight to the body, but that doesn't account for the 1/2" line being horizontal on the frame. And worn seals (on both simultaniously!) wouldn't account for the perfect negatives. Any clues, folks?