[hashcash] Re: Exchange mucking with the headers

  • From: Aaron Toponce <aaron.toponce@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:00:20 -0600

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 12:54:21PM -0400, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> there is apparently something in the standard about no duplicate
> headers. I haven't tracked it down but I saw discussion of it on the
> Python e-mail module mailing list. In twopenny blue, I generate one
> mail message copied per token.  why?, First off, it really doesn't
> matter anymore. We have more than enough capacity on most
> servers/systems to handle it. Second, when I send messages out to
> multiple people (i.e. mailing list), they're not on the same server
> as a rule. So they're gonna get duplicated anyway. Third, you don't
> need to add any additional complexity for blind carbon copy.  if you
> need to split on a message for blind carbon copy, it the same code
> only simpler to split all messages into one message per token model.
>
> seriously, one token, one message, in my experience, made my code
> and design much simpler

Do you have a link to your source? Doing a quick Google search isn't
pulling up anything for me. I'd like to read over your source, and
possibly implement your ideas (if it will work well with Mutt), provided
the source code license is liberal enough.

Thanks,

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o