[openbeos] Re: what's with Big B?

  • From: Ville Koskinen <vrkosk@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 16:50:36 +0300

On Sun, 28 May 2006 19:00:51 -0500
Miguel Zúñiga <mzuniga@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> And even so, haiku is more than just the supposedly "correct"
> syllabic framework.

Well, http://westernchanfellowship.org/zen-and-art-of-haiku.html has a
quite nice introduction to writing haiku.

I remember reading about how some variety of haiku has a more strict
form in the sense that first you have introduction or "setting of the
mood", kind of describing the beginning of the situation, then a flash
of action, and finally something to "give meaning" or an interpretation
to the previous two. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the reference
anymore.

Besides, what constitutes as a syllable in Japanese isn't even too
clear, and even besides that, kanji can have several different ways of
reading. This contributes to the problem nicely. If you want to become
a real haiku poet, learn Japanese. :)

(The following doesn't follow the form I described above.)

Lo! Marvellous!
The Haiku experience
overwhelms me.

--