[openbeos] B_SYSTEM_TEAM

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Haiku" <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 18:03:56 +0200 CEST

Hi there,

as you may know, B_SYSTEM_TEAM is 2 in BeOS. This should refer to the
kernel, but BeOS is not consistent in that regard; some resources are
put into team 1, some into team 2. I find that situation rather ugly.

The Haiku kernel right now ignores team 2 - it's reserved. That's not a
big problem, but has some visual consequences for apps like
ProcessController which doesn't correctly identify the kernel anymore.

Instead of redirecting some (thread/team calls) to team 2 to team 1,
I'd like to redefine B_SYSTEM_TEAM to team 1, since that's the cleanest
solution. Since ProcessController is now in our repository, it can then
correctly identify the kernel. Of course, other (closed source) system
info tools might not work 100% correctly (like now).

Is anyone against that change?

Bye,
   Axel.