[openbeos] udf/makeudfimage v1.0.0 beta 1

  • From: Tyler Dauwalder <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OpenBeOS <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 01:16:13 -0800

Howdy folks,

udf and makeudfimage v1.0.0 beta 1 are now available from:

http://www.dauwalder.net/OpenBeOS/downloads/udf+makeudfimage-1.0.0-beta-1.zip

I'd appreciate it if any of you out there with sufficient time and
inclination could download this beta release, give it a try, and let me
know if you have any problems, comments, or success.

makeudfimage can be used to create UDF 2.01 images that can then be burned
to a CD or DVD like an iso9660 image. To read them in BeOS, you'll need the
UDF filesystem included in the archive. They should also be readable from
any other OS that supports UDF 2.01. I've had success with Windows XP and
RedHat Linux 9. My copy of OSX only supports up to UDF 1.50, but it's not
very recent; I don't know if UDF 2.01 support for OSX is available
elsewhere or not.

makeudfimage currently only supports plain files and directories, similar
to iso9660. Attribute support is coming next.

Thanks!

-Tyler