[openbeos] Re: ShowImage Bloat

  • From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:35:02 -0500 (EST)

I've been following this entire ShowImage discussion with a little bit of
interest.  Just a few quick points:

1) Disk space may be cheap, but that's no reason to waste it.  Anyone who
has worked with large media files knows that every byte counts.

2) The fact that this debate has gone on for so long indicates that there
obviously needs to be a clearer definition of what OpenBeOS R1 is aiming
for...  Is it to be an opensource implementation of BeOS R5, an opensource
implementation of Dan0, or are we aiming for something more?

Just my $.02 worth :-)