[openbeos] Re: ShowImage Bloat

  • From: "Michael Pfeiffer" <michael.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:31:24 +0100 (CET)

> I like the ability to run slide shows.
>
> I am not conserned with the file size. Useful feautures are often
> welcome. My BeOS partition is 5 GB and my TestOpenBeOS partition is 4
> GB.
>
> My point is if the user selects a program called "Show Image" (singular)
> and then selects a file (singular) and is pressented with an option to
> go to the next image it is a flaw in your user interface design. It is
> adding a feature that has no real use within your user interaction, ie
> bloat.

When I implemented "show next/previous image" I took BeMail as an example.
Nobody complaints that BeMail is not named BeMails. The dia show was just
a consequence of the navigation feature. But I agree with Axel that the
navigation feature it is not very intuitive, I will change it so it works
the same way as it does in BeMail.

> Call the program "Show Images" and provide slide shows when a directory,
> query or multi-image file is selected is a consistant user interface
> design.
>
> Does the coder responsible for the existing app accept that change ?!?
> (Iff you want will accept my change.)

Michael Wilber (Translation Kit leader) is responsible for ShowImage and
AFAIK is not subscribed to this list.

> BTW remember "ShowImage" as the file name may be required by existing
> apps and scripts.

- Michael
Print Kit leader who thought improving ShowImage could not hurt...