[openbeos] Re: some points

  • From: Daniel Furrer <daniel_furrer@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:19:02 +0200

Axel Dörfler wrote:

I'd say it's better to go for either one of them.

I second this Daniel's opinion. Keep it simple.

That's not really a good idea - a status bar alone doesn't say a lot. If we want to only have one way to show progress and state, I'd say we should have only milestones.

I think the Planning/Alpha/Beta/Mature as we had it on the old page was quite good to get a general idea of the project's status. An explanation of what those stages mean would of course make it more clear and for a more detailed view I agree with your idea of the milestones, which could be shown on each team's page. The Unassigned/Assigned/Completed would then be the next more detailed level of status information, just before the CVS.
If you look at it like this, there are more or less 4 levels of details (plus the Related News).

cya,
Daniel Furrer