[openbeos] Re: office suite(s)

  • From: "Jared Eldredge" <jared@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 01:37:46 GMT

> p.s.: does OBOS/BeOS support anything like OLE, Bonobo or KParts,
> i.e.: embedding other programs' components?
>
> Marco Zanon [http://www.marcozanon.com]

seems to me that embedding other programs' components sounds an awful
lot like 'replicants'.  i'm no expert on replicants and sadly found it
a seldom used feature of the OS but it seems to have serious potential.
maybe it was incomplete?  i don't know.  but BeOS replicants like
dropping Net+ and SoundPlay on my desktop beat the hell out of M$
ActiveDesktop any day.  if it can be extended to make it more like OLE
(if it isn't already) then maybe this is where you should look.
-jared