[openbeos] Re: makebootfloppy

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 11:51:42 +0100 (MET)

Of course it does work.
But if you look closer to the script, it only does this if you don't specify
the -cd option. Because booting harddisks is easier sicne it uses the bios
to access the hdd using it's own raw bfs driver to load the kernel, then the
kernel asks it for the bfs addon, loads it and mounts /boot.
But for CDs I presume zbeos doesn't know how to access them, so the kernel
needs IDE/SCSI and bfs addons because zbeos can't load them off the CD.
so it loads the kernel, which asks it for the addons in the tgz file.
that's how I understood it works.