[openbeos] Re: makebootfloppy

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 06:36:51 +0100 (MET)

> Not sure what we could do from that... wondering about bootp... :)
> I'm not sure at all how the kernel deals with the bfs addon in the
> boot.tgz
> file (I mean does it reloads it from the freshly mounted /boot ?),
> but maybe
> we could use it for testing the new bfs driver, could it be compiled
> for BeOS
> too.

Sorry, I missed that one - the minimal BFS driver is, of course, in
zbeos - the boot image which you create with "makebootfloppy" already
have all the stuff in it.
I was a bit confused, because I used to make my BeOS boot disks using
"dd if=zbeos of=/dev/disk/floppy/raw" which does also work.

Adios...
   Axel.