[openbeos] makebootfloppy

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 00:34:00 +0100 (MET)

I was telling someone on BeShare about how to make a boot floppy, when I tried
to run the makebootfloppy command. When I saw this message:
/bin/dd: /dev/disk/floppy/raw: No media present
I wondered "hey, this thing is a script, what's in ? :)"
Well, looking at /bin/makebootfloppy you can see nice things...
It seems just like the loader zbeos (and also the kernel maybe) embeds a
gztarfs :)
Not sure what we could do from that... wondering about bootp... :)
I'm not sure at all how the kernel deals with the bfs addon in the boot.tgz
file (I mean does it reloads it from the freshly mounted /boot ?), but maybe
we could use it for testing the new bfs driver, could it be compiled for BeOS
too.

François.