[openbeos] Re: hello world...

  • From: "Marius Soutier" <spybreak@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:13:35 +0100

Hi!

>Be welcome! :-)

Thanks :)

>Are you already familiar with programming on BeOS and its "Kits"?

Well, not really. I had the PE 5 for one month and now I installed the
Developer Edition 1.1. I first have to set up the whole system (no sound...).
I read a bit about the priniciples, but that was all very generally speaking. I
know there exist kits for every task or layer or how you call it, just like in
MacOS X.
I today downloaded the BeBook, maybe I can learn from it. Please tell me where
I can start.

>If you have any special area of interest, it would be best if you'd
>contact a team leader, if not, well, we'll find something for you ;-)

I have absolutely no experience with low level programming, so I suggest
application design. Or teach me how to do kits, and then I'll do it. Next four
weeks I work and so have more time to program, because I don't have to learn
for university.

-Marius