[haiku] Re: haiku Digest V13 #79

  • From: "Luposian" <luposian@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:01:44 -0700

From: Nicholas L. Otley
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 1:08 PM
To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [haiku] Re: haiku Digest V13 #79

On 15 Jul 2013 20:42, "Luposian" <luposian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On a given day, how thirsty are you?

Currently very thirsty.

> How often do you go to the faucet and get a glass of water to quench your
> thirst?

Not at all between the hours of 02.30 and 22.00 for the next lunar month.

> And are ever so grateful that you can do that?
>
> But the very hour, in which the water ISN'T available...
> You suddenly find yourself WANTING a drink.
>
> This has happened to me several times.

Happens to me for 30 days solid every single year, by choice. But that isn't
the point, you were extremely rude to the original poster without any need to
be.

You were also very offensive to 25% of the world's population just the other
day too when Haikuware first went down with your NSA comments.

Please take my advice, engage your brain before you open your mouth in future.

People will donate to the causes they wish to and will donate only what they
can regardless of whether someone tries to humiliate them for being poorer than
they are.

> How much are we willing to help Karl keep the water flowing to our Haikuware
> "faucet"?

The word you are looking for is "tap" and the answer is as above; What we can,
when we can, where we can. Not all of us are wealthy Americans (and yes even
the poorest American is generally wealthier than most people in the rest of the
world.)

> ...or do you mind being thirsty?

No, it's good for the ego.....

So, basically, you’re saying there are those who use Haiku... use the
internet... and download 3rd party Haiku file content... who literally CAN’T
afford a single dollar (in their country’s currency), to donate to Haikuware?
Or they simply don’t care enough?

The whole NSA thing was a joke.  Come on... a muslim spy?  Is there even such a
thing?

You say “tap”, I say “faucet”.  Yes, we do use the term “tapwater”, for water
from the faucet, but... I prefer the taste of water from our Brita water
pitcher, anyways.  Now let me go “faucet” a maple tree and get some “tapsyrup”
from it!

The fate of Haikuware lies in the balance... what becomes of it, lies in the
change in each of our pockets.

Pay no attention to my “rudeness” or “silliness”... but rather the cause for
which I am being so adamant.  Haikuware.  This discussion would not exist, if
it were not for that situation, period.

PNG image