[haiku] Re: haiku Digest V13 #79

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku ML <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 17:33:00 -0400

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Luposian <luposian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Pay no attention to my “rudeness” or “silliness”... but rather the cause for
> which I am being so adamant.  Haikuware.  This discussion would not
> exist, if it were not for that situation, period.

Hi guys,

I don't think we are really being productive any more with this
discussion. Also it would be great if you guys could use plain text
emails on this mailing list.

I think it is wise for the Haiku community to support Haikuware, but
demanding donations or using guilt to solicit them is not the way to
go.

In addition I think it is wise if we don't put all our eggs in one
basket when it comes to sources of Haiku software. I would personally
like to see more Haiku software sites as well as some sort of
distributed system for Haiku software, such as BeShare, or something
built on top of it. Lastly the package management infrastructure
currently being built will provide more options and ideas in this
area.

I think this is a place for Haiku to be innovative and try new things,
rather than just copying what has been done before. Haiku is too far
behind in many areas to just keep playing catch-up and copying other
systems.

--
Regards,
Ryan