[haiku] Re: first impression of Haiku: looks good

  • From: Colin Günther <coling@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 15:40:49 +0100

Dave Sharp schrieb:
On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 7:21 AM, Michael Weirauch <dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lastly and most importantly, my wireless card is ignored. It's the Intel 5100
AGN. Once wireless is working I will be able to run Haiku continuously and
think about porting some of my code to it. Wireless is the deal-maker or
deal-breaker. I can live with kernel panics but not without Wifi.
There is some activity in the FreeBSD world to update their iwn driver
to support the 5100/5300 iprowifi series. Perhaps Colin (the current
fbsd compat layer maintainer) is going to have a look at this one day.

Did you try the driver from haikuware.com?
Michael

Out of interest, is there any USB WIFI stick that works under Haiku?
If not, might be worth getting at least one of these working that we
can all go out and buy in the meantime.

No USB wifi. Though I'm not aware of anyone working on it.

-Colin