[haiku] Re: first impression of Haiku: looks good

  • From: Colin Günther <coling@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 19:20:43 +0100

Stephan Assmus wrote:

Is the only reason that it's more problematic to track the included version? I would propose to just include it anyway and switch the source to the version eventually included in FreeBSD.

The main reason is that the iprowifi5xxx will supersede the iprowifi4965 once it is finished.

Am I right in assuming that your proposal is driven mainly by concerns about convenience of driver installation? If so, one needs to unpack the archive and execute install.sh, only. No reboot is needed, too, as net_server is now hotpluggable.

Kind Regards
Colin