[openbeos] Re: compiling, running, etc.

  • From: Kobi Lurie <k_lurie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 14:58:10 +0200

Clay
we use GCC which was written by programmers, yes.
the conversion was written by them.
to assembly, machine code, mmx/sse/etc optimized code..
this is much more than most people know how to do or want to.
this is really hard to program.

we rely on their code, and don't want to rewrite that stuff to be faster,
since it's probably faster than what we can come up with anyway.

anyway,
i think this thread is going nowhere.
the obos programmers use "highlevel" c/c++ (compared to assembler)
you don't need to worry about anything else.
bugs happen if you write bad code, don't notice deadlocks, multithreaded code is considered hard/sophisticated as well.

also, i think your questions are not necessary for the code you're trying to write, and you'll see that (as i understood them) they are not needed. hope you're still interested in coding these parts, as we do need every good programmer. thanks for your time.
enjoy.