[openbeos] Re: compiler option -nostdinc

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 22:23:31 +0200 CEST

"Ingo Weinhold" <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Tony" <togermano@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > sex
> Fascinating idea, it doesn't help with the issue at hand though. ;-)

Well, we could try, maybe it does help - I mean, are you really sure
about that? ;-))

> > > We have a <new> in our repository, that's why it does work.
> Oh, I see. Well, it doesn't belong there.

That's what I think, too.

[...]
> > > The header includes could be determined by the configure script.
> > > Although I currently don't know where this information is taken
> > > from (we could use platform defaults, though...).
> > > What are you thinking?
> We're already getting the directory of libgcc.a in the configure
> script. I don't know, whether that's true for all GCC versions, but
> at
> least the ones I saw have their headers in the `include'
> subdirectory.
> So, things shouldn't be that difficult.

Right, I don't think any GCC package will do it differently. I
completely forgot about the -print-libgcc-file-name option, that should
be a clean solution.
Since you are our build guru, do you feel like wanting to do it? If
not, I could try :-)

[libopenbeos.so objects all in one directory]
> > > Okay, well, we can also just solve it when there actually is a
> > > problem.
> My favorite strategy: Ignore it as long as possible. ;-)

Depends on the context :-)

Adios...
   Axel.