[openbeos] compact flash

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:03:09 +0100 CET

Any of you been able to boot BeOS R5 or Haiku off a compact flash disk?

I've got a CF card attached as IDE primary/slave, and while I can
partition and use it as any other disk, the boot process stops very
early on. I've run makebootable on it successfully, and copied the bare
necessities of the 'beos' folder, but having
rebooted and chosen the CF partition in the boot manager, the kernel
icon never lights up. Text-mode debugging shows nothing. (nada, zilch..
doesn't seem to even start) I haven't tried the CF disk as primary
master yet though.

FWIW, the parts I'm experimenting with (on R5 and BSD):

http://www.pcengines.ch/cflash.htm
http://www.soekris.com/net4801.htm

and a Sandisk ImageMate USB-CF reader/writer.
(doesn't work for me in BeOS)

/Jonas Sundström.              www.kirilla.com