[openbeos] Re: compact flash

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:45:36 +0100 CET

"Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:>
> I've run makebootable on it successfully,
> and copied the bare necessities of the 'beos' folder

I spoke too soon. This CF card (256MB Sandisk Ultra-II) I actually
installed BeOS properly onto, using Installer. I don't know why it
doesn't work, if it's the card or not.

My other card, a 128MB Twinmos Ultra-X, I re-formatted as BFS (4096
blocks), ran 'makebootable' and copied the bare necessities of /boot/
beos (to /cf/beos),
and with this card, I get as far as a greyscale VESA + the hand
pointer, but no Tracker, and it hangs after a short while.

Oh, and this is on my regular PC, (not the Soekris), a recent Celeron,
Intel 845. Nothing special. BeOS runs on it just fine, so it -should-
work running off CF.. No?

/Jonas Sundström.                 www.kirilla.com