[openbeos] Re: What happened to BeOS in your OpenBeOS plans?

  • From: Timothy Covell <timothy.covell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 13:05:30 -0600

On Friday 18 January 2002 07:17, Ithamar R. Adema wrote:
> >While I'm not a programmer by trade, all that I can say is that
> >I don't trust any code from a programmer who can't figure out
> >how to get make to work.   Sure it's a pain in the @ss, but
> >make is fundamental to the GCC project and BeOS uses
> >GCC.
>
> Oh I can get make to work, no problem, but I'll rather spend time on
> BeOS _code_ then hours on tweaking makefiles :)

Well there is another issue.  When OpenBeOS is to the point
that linux was say, at Rev 1.0, people will want to download
it and compile it.  And that means that you will either need to
rewrite it all to use make or you will have to provide a runtime
version of "jam" just for OS compilation.

--
timothy.covell@xxxxxxxxxxxx