[openbeos] Re: Web server troubles

  • From: Ted Leeuwesteijn <thirdrock@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:26:12 +0200

Hello Niels Reedijk you emitted about [openbeos] Web server troubles

>Hello,

>This might sound a bit weird, but I have trouble connecting to
>www.haiku-os.org (and www.beunited.org) for about three weeks now. The
>DNS resolves fine (to 209.197.16.21), but it just can't seem to get
>any response (a ping doesn't work either). I wonder if I'm the only
>one (probably), and what I would be able to do about it.

>Thanks for any hints,

>Niels

>P.S. Let's not spam the web a little more with "Works for me" ;-)

It does,
Assuming you're in the Netherlands for some obvious reasons you might try
another secundairy DNS server other than the one from your ISP.
It solved at some instances in the past simulair problems for me.
Just some hints use the Cistron.nl or xs4all.nl DNS as your secundairy.

Grts
Ted.