[openbeos] Re: Web hosting from DreamHost, for free.

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 00:05:18 +0100

On 12/6/06, Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 06.12.2006 um 14:22 schrieb Mikael Jansson:
> So it might be that there's some mis-configuration on my end. My
> public and personal instances are nice.  Might be that later
> versions of Trac further speeds things up. (they're switching over
> to Kid/Genshi in the future, for example).

Which as you should know will have very little affect on speed as
Clearsilver is very fast, it's just a pain to use. However, is Trac
is running as a standard cgi then the process overhead: open a Python
process, get a database connection and cursor for *every* request.

Actually, benchmarks have shown that Genshi (in its current state) is
much slower than Clearsilver:
http://genshi.edgewall.org/wiki/GenshiPerformance
But it is faster than Kid (which it wants to replace) and who knows
what will happen in the future...

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald