[openbeos] Re: Web hosting from DreamHost, for free.

  • From: Mikael Jansson <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 14:22:04 +0100

Waldemar Kornewald skrev:
On 12/6/06, Mikael Jansson <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And I think Trac's plenty fast around here, deployed under FastCGI. I
use it for other stuff, and it's never been a problem, really.  What
specifically did you find slow?

The Haiku test instance was (now it's dead) and the Quake instance is
pretty slow. Loading any page takes ages. The public instance seems to
be fast enough, though:
http://bits.jansson.be/public/wiki

So it might be that there's some mis-configuration on my end. My public and personal instances are nice. Might be that later versions of Trac further speeds things up. (they're switching over to Kid/Genshi in the future, for example).

Well, it doesn't cost anything, so it might be worth a try!
-- Mikael