[haiku] Re: V\OS Project Announcement (Haiku on linux)

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 20:57:31 +0200

Hi Dario,

Am 25/07/2018 um 20:20 schrieb Dario Casalinuovo:

The main difference however compared to past attempts, is that my project try to reuse as much code as possible and so maintain as much possible compatibility with Haiku. This is done by reimplementing libroot on top of linux. This allowed me, to port some parts of Haiku in a nice way, without changing any code.

It's not the first time Cosmoe is reactivated, but I hope it'll get useful some day. Have fun working on it!

* _basic_ fs functionalities work (we need to build an userland server to support queries on top of extattr and solve the remaining open-by-inode issues)

Queries on BFS need FS support; a better and more flexible mechanism would probably an FS independent solution.

Also, I would argue that open-by-inode should be phased out in Haiku as well, if possible, in the future.

Bye,
   Axel.