[openbeos] Re: VNC and PPC Remote Testing

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:39:52 +0200 CEST

> François Revol wrote on Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:14:40 +0200 CEST:
> > What have you done on that ?
> > I still intend to work on BeVNC, but am quite busy atm.
>
> I'm working on a fresh port of VNC server for BeOS.  Got the screen
> updates (initial version - not optimized) and mouse working (wheel
too), and half the keyboard stuff.  The other half of simulating
pressing various key combinations for accented characters still isn't
done, just needs a free weekend (ha!).  It's also a port using the
recently released VNC 4.0 source code, so it's a bit more up to date
than other versions out there for BeOS.
Yes I noticed 4.0, but never got time to check it.
Feel free to pick things in BeVNC..
some versions at http://clapcrest.free.fr/revol/beos/

> So, once it's working, I can leave my PPC system running and let
> people use it remotely for PPC development.  Assuming BDirectWindow
works on PPC.
Should, as long as the driver supports it.

François.