[openbeos] VNC and PPC Remote Testing

  • From: "Alexander G. M. Smith" <agmsmith@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 22:17:28 -0400 EDT

François Revol wrote on Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:14:40 +0200 CEST:
> What have you done on that ?
> I still intend to work on BeVNC, but am quite busy atm.

I'm working on a fresh port of VNC server for BeOS.  Got the screen updates
(initial version - not optimized) and mouse working (wheel too), and half the
keyboard stuff.  The other half of simulating pressing various key combinations
for accented characters still isn't done, just needs a free weekend (ha!).
It's also a port using the recently released VNC 4.0 source code, so it's a bit
more up to date than other versions out there for BeOS.

So, once it's working, I can leave my PPC system running and let people use it
remotely for PPC development.  Assuming BDirectWindow works on PPC.

- Alex