[haiku] Re: Trying the alpha/Video card questions

  • From: vootele@xxxxxxxx
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 19:52:01 +0300

 Hello, I'm having similar problem, with Intel 82915G video card (Scaleo E
barebone PC). With normal bootup Haiku boot icons show up. After that the
screen goes blank and nothing happens.
 It works with VESA though.
 Is there any option to use VESA as default driver (without setting it at
every boot)?

 On Wed 16/09/09 17:01 , Ricardo Maraschini xrmarsx@xxxxxxxxx sent:
 Hello guys,

 I'm using Haiku for the first time and I want to say to you that the
 performance is something wonderful. How fast it boots! Congratulations
 to all developers, you really deserve this.

 Changing a little the subject, my video card wasn't detected correctly
 or it's not currently supported by Haiku. I'm running here with vesa
 without problems regarding performance but I can't change my screen
 resolution. The max resolution that I can achieve is 1024x768 but my
 lcd screen supports 1280x800.

 ~> listimage |grep acc
 406 /boot/system/add-ons/accelerants/vesa.accelerant
 0x83c000 0x840000 0 0
 TEAM 714 (/bin/grep acc):

 Viewing the /var/log/syslog file I found the following line:

 KERN: Additional Video Mode (1280x800@60Hz [1]):

 My questions:
 My video card isn't currently supported by Haiku?

 device Display controller [3|80|0]
 vendor 8086: Intel Corporation
 device 2a43: Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller

 Is my bios informing the resolution in a buggy way? I read somewhere
 that Haiku gets the supported resolutions for vesa directly from the
 BIOS using the EDID, so I did this assumption.

 What's is the meaning of the line pointed to that Additional Video
 Mode? Is the resolution supported by my monitor?

 BTW, I try to put the 1280x800 resolution into
 /boot/home/config/settings/kernel/drivers/vesa without success.

 Congratulations again and I hopefully wait for an answer :)

 -rm

Links:
------
[1] mailto:1280x800@60Hz