[openbeos] Re: The neglected parts of OpenBeOS

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:10:47 CEST (+0200)

"Matthijs Hollemans" <matthijs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > MIDI is one, if you are interested. ;-)
> That's odd. According to the MIDI kit mailing list (which isn't
> terribly busy, but not dead quiet either), people are already
> working on it.

There are people working on it, yes, but they obviously also have
currently not much time, that's why Michael mentioned it - it's our pet
kit :-)

> > There are others, if anyone else is interested.
> Please, Michael, tell us/me ;-)

Depends on what you want to do - there are plenty of applications that
want to be implemented, things like DiskProbe, and many other apps
originally written by Robert Polic :-)
If you would be interested in that kind of work, I believe you should
contact the preferences team leader, as he is also giving those tasks
away, AFAIK.

OTOH we have team pages which lists unassigned tasks, where you can
pick one, and just do it. For example, the Interface/App Kit, and the
Media Kit have both smaller (that means clearer) tasks that could also
be a bit harder (but not all of them are hard).

If you are interested in any of the taks I listed, make sure you
contact the team leader before you spend any work on anything - some of
the team tasks lists are unfortunately not completely uptodate.
I.e. if you would be interested in doing the Media Codec API, this one
is already taken (and almost completed), but it's not yet listed as
such (no offense, Marcus ;-)).

Adios...
   Axel.