[openbeos] Re: The neglected parts of OpenBeOS

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 21:20:39 -0400

>> MIDI is one, if you are interested. ;-)
>
>That's odd. According to the MIDI kit mailing list (which isn't
>terribly busy, but not dead quiet either), people are already
>working on it.
>
>> There are others, if anyone else is interested.
>
>Please, Michael, tell us/me ;-)

A lot of what Axel said.
And it all depends on what you are good at and want to do.
There are all sorts of opportunities in Preferences. From fairly
easy to pretty tough. Kernel is still looking for some good folks that
want to really dig in, even if in small doses.

From the website:
Kit                     Number of unassigned tasks
App/IK          41
Game Kit                7
Media Kit               20
Input Kit               3
MIDI Kit                MOST OF THEM
Print Kit               3
Translation Kit 5 (and we can easily make more)
Kernel Kit              8
Networking              5

And there are probably a hundred other tasks that we can talk about.
How about an OS installer? Or an app installer? Or testing? We have serveral
things in beta, ATM, and more coming. We need to get the bugs shaken out of
these now
so that other pieces can be better tested later!

There is a lot to do. We have been working on making the web site a better
resource for
everyone to draw on. If it is lacking in some way that makes finding something
to do harder, let me know.