[openbeos] Re: The Wiki

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 14:28:08 +0200

On 10/1/06, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If we don't need comments for news articles we should use the "page"
> content type for end-user content, from now on. Developers should
> stick with "article".

The author/admin/moderator can simply turn off comments per entry - that way
some news articles can be open to comments if desired...

Yes, but with pages we also prevent news items from showing up in the "Articles" section, so I think that pages should be used for all user content whereas articles should be for developers.

> Our website is obviously not finished, yet. Would you like to become
> responsible for finishing at least the articles which are
> marcom-related?

Articles that are not finished can simply remain in the "content queue" only
visible to site moderators/admins until someone wants to finish them, no?

Of course, but how can we get feedback on those articles if only our developers can see them? We can't give all GE people admin access to Drupal.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald