[openbeos] Re: StyledEdit news of various interest

  • From: "Alexander G. M. Smith" <agmsmith@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:50:36 -0400 EDT

Andrew Bachmann wrote on Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:29:17 -0700 PDT:
> Also, for my own selfish reasons I want to add support for the Big-5 and
> EUC-CN encodings.  It's my understanding that the yellowtab tree has an
> expanded set of conversions available in UTF8.h  Should we try to find out
> what these are so our constants can share values?  [this seems more important
> since the encoding is stored as a number in an attribute on saved text files]

I was using negative numbers and a #define for my new encodings.  The encoding
number is only used internally (never saved to a file) in the Mail Daemon
Replacement, so it doesn't matter much what it is.  But for other uses, since
there isn't another way (yet) of specifing character sets by name, having the
numbers match is important.

- Alex