[openbeos] Re: Media Preferences

  • From: "Jonas Sundstrom" <kirilla@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:42:35 +0200 CEST

Jérôme Duval <korli@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i'm very happy to write that the Media preferences is good
> enough to be put in your hands for beta testing.
> So if you want to, you can download a binary here :
>
> http://jerome.duval.free.fr/obos/Media-20030716-bin.zip

Nice! :)

A:
Video Settings, Video Input says "menu1",
where in my case it should say "<none>".
(like the original panel does)

B:
Audio Settings, Audio Channel - "menu3" instead of "<none>".

C:
        Good:
Btw, I see that the Audio Mixer sliders and checkboxes are live,
I can move either (Be or OBOS) Media prefs sliders, and the
other one will pick up the changes.
        Bad. or expected behaviour?:
The sliders on the Input / Output pages are not live.
The OBOS panel don't pick up the changes done in the Be panel,
and vice versa, so perhaps they simply don't, or can't.

D:
Changing "Audio Output" to "None Out" should remove the
"Channel" menu, or at at least make it say "None".
(it does change to "Audio Out null" after a restart of
the Media services, though)

E:
Changing "Audio Output to "emu10k Out" or whatever you've got
should change the Channel to the default for that device.
In my case, "E-mu 10k1 Out 1". (a restart does it now)

I should mention there is a bug in the original Media prefs
that happens when I select Audio Output: emu10k Out
while already selected. The Output icon jumps to the
Input (!) -device, and the Channel menu gets confused
(empty, but still showing the old value).
The OBOS panel doesn't have this bug. :)

Another difference is that the OBOS panel correctly
sees the LineOut of the OutputDevice as an input, (I think)
and therefore displays both an Input and an Output icon
in front of the 'emu10k Out device'.

Happy hunting! :)

/Jonas Sundström.                    www.kirilla.com