[haiku] Splash icons licence ?

  • From: Olivier Guerrier <olivier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 00:44:44 +0100

Hello

I would like to known what is the licence of the artwork used during
haiku boot sequence (the 7 icons going from b&w to color):
http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/data/artwork/boot_splash/splash_icons.png

I'm working on an embedded device (not using haiku atm ;), but I want to
make a wink to haiku in our prototypes, by using the same icons (under
our own logo)

To do so, I must be sure that theses icons are not protected by
trademarks or restrictive licence.

This page:
http://www.haiku-os.org/community/guidelines_for_creating_a_haiku_distribution
says "You may use the official Haiku icons and artwork" But is this
specific to haiku distros ? (and it is not a licence...)

short Q&A (unrelated to previous issue):

* Why ? -- Just for fun, I'm a former BeOS user and a admirative haiku
lurker.
* Which OS is running on the device ? -- Linux

Thanks for reading.

Olivier.