[openbeos] Re: "Send a brief introduction to the Haiku mailing list"

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 21:01:59 +0100 CET

Mat Hounsell <mat_geek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Even those fluent in C++ and proficient in Asynchronous Multi
> Threaded
> Programming find the BeAPI can be very difficult. Mainly because the
> bugs
> tend to be horrible ones like deadlocks, live-locks, race conditions,
> double
> deletes, missing messages, etc.
[...]
> Regardless, it is still one of the best API created.

Aren't you contradicting yourself there a bit? :-)
Anyway, I wasn't used to multi-threaded programming at all, and had no
problems adopting the Be API. I liked it very much from the beginning
on, though it's much easier if you learn the basic guidelines for multi
-threaded programming before; it's not that complex once you understand
it :-)

Bye,
   Axel.