[haiku] Re: Res: [ḧaiku] can anybody help me to compile blender

  • From: Michael Weirauch <dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 08:48:21 +0200

Hi all,

did anybody really try to look at the 2.47 portlog page?

http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/media-gfx/blender/2.47/1

Fetch the 2.47 blender tree, install python 2.5 (!), scons, libSDL, libtiff
apply the patch, type scons and run the resulting blender binary.

The patch is WIP, and hasn't changed since months. It's basically
based on the one from ZETA I did
for the 2.42 version. Most optional components as iconv, ode, openal
and whatnot are not
in the haiku configuration file, yet.

What is a showstopper is the missing double buffering in the Mesa
Software Renderer.
(Also tested the gallium3d SoftPipe which suffers the same "issue.)

It's either blender itself or Mesa - not that of an openGL expert -
which copies parts of the
frontbuffer for composing the backbuffer. IIRC I had to implement
[Read,Write]RGBASpan[Front,Back]
for the old ZETA libGLs (Mesa) BGLView and then splash screen and
menus worked out, and the UI
was usable.

For now it looks a bit strange and you won't see the splash and menus
working. I tried some months
ago getting double buffering in (two BBitmaps) in which to write and
read from, but somehow
failed setting this up correctly in terms of buffer allocation for Mesa...

Michael

Btw: The very same information was already spread some months ago.
Just because Haiku has
reached alpha state doesn't make blender work :) I am trying to get
the missing parts in the
MSR done. Wouldn't mind any exterior help on that!