[haiku] Removing Tracker's Trash options

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "General Haiku ML" <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 09:47:14 +0100

Hi there,

after a recent change in the logic of the Trash options in Tracker's
preferences, we had a short discussion [1] if those options are
actually needed at all. The option concerns moving deleted items to
Trash first or delete them directly for good. From the above
discussion:

> In general, I wonder how many people deactivate the Trash... It's a
> safety net I sure wouldn't want to miss. It's still possible to
> consciously do SHIFT+DEL to bypass the Trash, which I do sometimes.
> And
> I should mention that quite a few times, I've regretted holding SHIFT
> split second after the icon has disappeared... :)

Everyone pretty much agreed.
Mind you, we'd keep that option "DontMoveFilesToTrash false" in the
settings file for now, it'll only be removed in the Tracker preference
GUI.

Before going ahead with that, has anyone from the wider user community
reasonable arguments against this?

Regards,
Humdinger

[1] //www.freelists.org/post/haiku-commits/haiku-hrev45134-srckitstracker,