[openbeos] Re: Progress reports

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 09:53:20 +0200

An active, "hands dirty" community and frequent progress updates are
probably a great way to attract more developers, but of course you can
just be a "lean back" community and maybe get your R1 in 2014 (I
actually believe it'll be in 2012) and your oh-so-great R2 in 2025, so
you can sway in nostalgia while other people already use Minority
Report-like interfaces.

Or you can get your hands dirty and make Haiku a more attractive
project for new developers. Not that I'd believe that Haiku will ever
innovate into an interesting direction, but most of you seemed to care
about this tiny little irrelevant OS.

;)

Well, I'm wasting my time here.

BTW, kudos to the devs for all the great additions (Michael, do most
UMTS cell phones implement ECM?)
and the interesting new driver architecture (Axel, will we get rid of
the links in drivers/dev, so driver installation is as simple as
dropping a binary into a folder? how are the mappings cached, then?
does the architecture reduce the amount of code compared to the
previous concept or the original BeOS architecture?).