[openbeos] Re: PCMCIA & Cardbus

  • From: "Kian Duffy" <kianduffy@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 19:26:07 +0100

>Is that so?.. Well.. I've actually got a cardbus card.. just ran the
>PCMCIA wizard which didn't find the card, or said something bout not
>supporting that type of card.. I know the non-cardbas variant of the
>very same card is supported.. so..

Don't run the card wizard, its crap. It only works on ne2k, tcm359 and
modems, and the main version on BeBits doesn't work on BONE/Dano/Zeta (my
secondary posting of it does though).

Read ~/config/settings/kernel/drivers/pcmcia.default to see the
configuration format.

I'm working on and off on a card manager, but its getting buried on the
other stuff (audio drivers, Haiku terminal, Net++, etc) that I'm doing, and
also the current configuration interface is, well, clunky to work with,
especially with such problems as the "system crashs on removing network
card" problems that many ne2k's have.

>Do I have to config it to emulate 16bit somewhere?
>And do I have to get bone or something?.. Cause I'm running a plain
>5.0.3

No, but my ne2k cards don't work with the net_server "etherpcmcia" driver
and do with BONE's "ne2k", so it helps anyway

>What cards you got?

Gigafast 10/100, Sitecom 10/100, Agere/Lucent ORiNOCO Gold. First one is 16
bit, second one is 32 bit, last is both. Those are the ones I have working
anyway

Kian
*not actively endorsing the IOL ad that will appear below*
http://www.iol.ie