[openbeos] Re: OT list question

  • From: OpenBeOS.20.magnum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 06:00:51 EST

>How can I prevent my contributions from being available on
>the Net? I get so much spam on this address that I want to
>kill it. But it's pointless to change my address here and on
>GE if my posts are on the Net within a flash.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Helmar

Set up an account at spamgourmet.com.  It's free (though I've given $10 because
I would be seriously inconvenienced if it stopped operating).

By the way, it is possible to receive spam just by being subscribed to this
list.  A recent virus/worm/trojan (I can't remember which one specifically)
emailed itself not only to everyone in your Microsoft address book, but it
searched your internet cache and the text of your entire email database for
addresses and emailed itself to them all.  I got a couple of hundred virus
emails, and shortly after started receiving spam on that email address for the
first time.