[openbeos] Re: OBOS new name

  • From: m.jacob@xxxxxx
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:18:58 +0200 (MEST)

Fellows,

I don't understand why so many people start suggesting new names now. The
list has been decided on and the voting is in progress. But as I already
mentioned on the BeGeistert - and I don't want to offend anybody - it seems
fashionable in our community to spent a lot of time discussing pointless issues
and
thus wasting valuable time, which is a lot better spent on doing something
creative or at least discussing those issues that really matter ...

And I'll restrain myself in order to adhere to the above mentioned point to
raise the issue of the right approach to recreate BeOS and wether it's
actually a good goal to recreate R5 a currently two year old system, which by
the
time OpenBeOS is done, see also the AROS project, also mentioned on this list
a couple of times, instead of focussing on the future ...

Btw, how long does the voting system need to send the confirmation e-mail?
The instructions imply some instant action, but then again, I might be wrong.

Cheers,
Marcus

PS: Anybody who wants my own thoughts on the above topics can always contact
me offlist for additional discussions!

--
Marcus "Rossi" Jacob

        Geek Business Affairs Manager