[openbeos] Re: OBOS new name

  • From: "Andre' F. Braga" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 06:25:59 EDT (-0200)

> "Nova" is also the classic example of bad product naming in every
> second introductory management class or textbook, because it is
> usually chosen by English-speaking people without consideration for
> its meaning in other languages (the bit about "no va" meaning "no go"
> in Spanish, which is true).

Actually, a closer match would be "don't go". If you give it some thought, it's
a more positive meaning than not.

"Don't go" as in "Please, don't go! Stay with us!", which is exactly what we
want to accomplish with BeOS: we won't let it go. Not a chance. ;)

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

If you didn't get caught, did you really do it?