[openbeos] Newsletter articles are needed

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 12:18:37 -0400

You guys have to be getting sick of my writing by now. ;-)

We really could use some fresh articles.
Specifically:
1) Technical. Yeah, we throw in marketing or humor or whatever  on occasion,
but in general, we want them to be technical.
2) BeOS related is better but not always necessary - look at my Scientific
Method article.

It is OK if english is not your native language. We have an editor who can help
with that. And with writing style, if need be. What he can't do is write a
really technical piece. You can contact him:  kev  -- at -- brantaero.com

Remember - OBOS is a community project. Yes, I *can* write every article. And
yes, the project will succeed without any one individual. But it can not
succeed without people helping.
Need some ideas?
Here are some off of the top of my head:
1) Replicants - I personally have no clue how they are used. I understand the
concept, but have never written one.
2) Writing translators - again - many understand the idea but have no clue how
to write one
3) In fact, that goes for any plugin to BeOS. I wrote one about drivers, way
back.
4) Any special field of computing that you know about - are you a graphics
wizard? Wrote plasma screen demos? Know alot about Midi? Whatever - if you have
something to teach, this is a forum.
5) How about an article on algorithms for a particular piece of the OBOS
implementation? Schedulers, memory allocators, dithering routines, whatever.
6) Use of some piece of the BeOS API - especially non-obvious uses of something.