[openbeos] Re: Newsletter Stuff

  • From: Rogier van der Hee <rogier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 09:15:06 +0100

>If it's truly to our benefit, there is no need for an "enlightened
>government" to engineer hydrogen energy. Profit-seeking businesses will
>see the opportunity and seize on it in an instant.
Actually Iceland is far ahead of any other country in the world. In Iceland they just showed a masterplan to switch the _complete_ economy (industries, cars, electricity, heating, you name it) from an oil economy to an hydrogen economy by 2050. It will be the perfect testing bed for the rest of the world. They already have their public buses driving on fuel cells. Really cool. And it is all due to one inspired university professor who kept on dreaming and talking for 20 years but now finally has had success ;-).

Rogier
--
rogier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.vanderhee.net